Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday's Tip

Wow, it's already halfway through Thursday, and I'm just now getting to posting Thursday's Tip. All I can say is that I was busy researching and planning a Walt Disney World vacation for a client. So thank you, Loyal Reader, for hanging in there and waiting for me!

Today's tip came to mind this week as I was trading emails with my friend Kristin over at Couponing to Disney about the new Disney Rewards Visa discount I reported in this post. She had previously booked her trip and was wondering if this was going to be a better deal for her family. You can read her post about that decision here.

OK, back to the tip: Even if you've already booked your WDW vacation, don't be afraid to call back and re-book if you find a better deal! As long as you've booked through Disney, you can make changes to your trip virtually up until your arrival (providing they have the rooms/days available). In fact, you can cancel your trip without paying a cent in cancellation fees, as long as you do so at least five days prior to your arrival date. Never, NEVER think that you're trapped into your current deal! (Unless, of course, you booked through someone other than Disney that has a no-refund policy. Then, well, you are trapped.)

On our last visit in October, I booked at the regular rate simply to have our reservation made. Then they released a room-only discount, and I re-booked. Then, we got one of those fabulous-yet-rare personal pin codes, so I called back a third time and re-booked! Oh, there's no stopping me when it comes to saving money!

Happy deal-hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment