Thursday, March 4, 2010

Friday Photo

I know...this is a strange Friday Photo. Can you take a guess where this was taken? It's during the opening show at the Backlot Tour (Disney's Hollywood Studios). So why would I be highlighting the actors in this silly little movie effects show? Because I am one of those actors! That's me bending down on the right. My husband is on the phone at the left.

I think this was the last Backlot Tour of the day (some attractions run a limited schedule), and we barely made it in time to catch it. There were no lines...just walked right in. But we were soon approached by a Cast Member and asked if we'd like to be a part of the show. I was afraid that my normally shy and not at all performance oriented husband would decline. But to my surprise, he agreed. (Nobody had to talk this stage-lovin' camera hog into anything! They had me at "hello.") And since my parents were there with us, they took the kiddos in for the show while we suited up.

We were in head-to-toe rain gear, as you can see. Still, we got a bit wet. However, we were clearly the lucky ones in this scenario, as the other woman that was recruited with us basically had a huge barrel of water poured on her. Even with the rainsuit, she got wet. It was a fun experience, and our kiddos really liked seeing Mama and Daddy in the "movie."

So, how do you get chosen to participate in various events at WDW? Mostly, it's about being at the right place at the right time, like we were. But it does help if you have an open attitude and look enthusiastic. Oh, and it never hurts to wear one of those "I'm Celebrating" badges to get noticed. Of course, if you want to be a part of a real show, you can audition for The American Idol Experience. For that, though, you actually might need to be talented. (Notice how I said might...)

No comments:

Post a Comment