Thursday, March 4, 2010

How Young Is Too Young for Disney?

I just came across an excellent guest column at AllEars.net about how old your child should be before you take him/her to Walt Disney World. As a mom whose three-year-old has already been three times, you probably know where I stand on the issue. (She was not quite two on her first trip.)

I love the writer's take on the whole "Will they remember it?" issue. Um...why should that matter? Most of us don't remember anything we did in our first few years--does that mean we didn't do anything? (And, for the record, my three-year-old remembers it quite well, thank you very much. She daily recounts some attraction or event that happened on previous trips...and asks daily when we can return to our "Happy Place.")

Are there reasons to wait? Absolutely. Do what feels right for your own family. But don't let someone else's nay-saying cause you to put off a vacation that your whole family can enjoy right now! You can read the full story here.

2 comments:

  1. We used to live just over an hour a way from WDW. Both of my children have visited pretty much since birth. While they don't remember those early trips we had such a great time as a new family. My daughter, who is now Princess obsessed, loves listening to stories about her "baby" Disney trips. One of her favorite stories to hear about is when Mulan gave her a big pink kiss that just about covered her entire cheek. She loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this and love it. We are taken my two yr old for the first time in May. I get those comments all the time and oh well! We is so excited and talks about who she is going to hug daily and what we are going to ride. I can not wait to hear her squeal!!!

    ReplyDelete