Monday, March 1, 2010

Is the World Ready for Alice 2.0?

Get ready to experience Alice in Wonderland as never before. With the twisted mind of Tim Burton putting his spin on the film, we are certainly in for a veritable feast of the unusual and bizarre. Admittedly, I am not a huge Burton fan. While the trailers are visually stunning, I have to wonder if the actual movie will be as captivating as I am hoping. But I will, nonetheless, be standing in line with the rest of the Disneyphiles, waiting for a ticket on opening weekend. And although both my children are huge Alice fans, at 3 and 6 they will NOT be seeing this until my husband and I preview it. (Honestly, I don't expect them to get to see it for a few more years.)

  OPI has created a line of four spectacular limited-edition Nail Lacquer shades inspired by Alice in Wonderland including: Thanks So Muchness!, Absolutely Alice, Mad As A Hatter, and Off With Her Red.  This limited-edition palette by Urban Decay opens to a breathtaking pop-up scene of Alice and her journey through the mushroom forest and contains 16 gorgeous eyeshadow shades inspired by the film.  

With the opening just days away, Disney is in the midst of a full-on marketing blitz. Products are popping up all over. Not a great conouseur of couture, I'm not rushing out to purchase any of the designer items that are showing up in Bloomingdale's. But I do love quirky, unique gifts and apparel, so I just might look for some of the items featured here. They can be found at Disney Vault 28 in Downtown Disney in California for now. I'm guessing that by our next trip to WDW, the TrenD store in Downtown Disney Marketplace will be stocked with plenty of fun and exotic Alice creations.

1 comment:

  1. My family and I were at Disneyland yesterday and there was so much Alice merchandise and I don't mean in stores, I mean on people! There's a Mad Hatter hat with an orange wig attached and I saw many, many people wearing it. I think Disney may have struck a gold mine for merchandise! :)

    ReplyDelete