Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Did You Get Yours?

I popped into Target first thing this morning to get my copy of Tangled. (Shhh! It's going in the girls' Easter basket.) I had planned to purchase the DVD/Blu-ray combo pack, but was a bit puzzled by the various formats available. (Wish I had taken my camera along to show you what I saw.) I do remember there was a DVD/Blu-ray edition for $19.99, but it did not have the digital copy as the combo packs normally do. There was also just a DVD (can't remember the exact price on that one, but I knew I wanted the Blu-ray copy too). Finally, I saw the one I purchased:



It's has a normal Blu-ray, a 3D Blu-ray, a DVD, and a digital copy! It cost $24.99, but with my two $5 off coupons (one from Disney Movie Rewards and one Target store coupon), I got it for $14.99. After my Success Rice rebate, it will be down to $9.99 plus the cost of the rice (got a coupon for that too--it was in this past Sunday's paper).


No, we don't have a 3D TV (but maybe we will someday!). And sure, I could have purchased just the DVD/Blu-ray for $5 less--but my Target store coupon was for any DVD/Blu-ray priced $24.99 or over, so it would have ended up costing as much as the 3D combo pack. So, I'm thinking I got a pretty great deal.


How about you? Did you get yours? Did you find a better deal?

6 comments:

  1. where did you get the target coupon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Affording the MouseMarch 29, 2011 at 5:58 AM

    It came in an Easter-themed mailer...could have been regional. (We live in Nashville, TN.) I just checked online, and they do NOT have it currently as a printable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I will check my paper and see if we got it. I have 2 weeks to go through still. LOl thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Affording the MouseMarch 29, 2011 at 6:20 AM

    I think this one came in the mail, not the newspaper, if I recall correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got ours yesterday too! I purchased the Blu-ray & dvd combo which was on sale at our local grocery store (Giant Eagle) for $22.99 and they allowed me to use the $5 off coupon from DMR. I'm going to combine this with the Success Rice $5 rebate so ultimately the combo purchased will cost me just $12.99 PLUS Giant Eagle was giving a discount of $.25 cents off/gallon of gas if you purchased Tangled. It was a sweet deal for us!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks your right not in the paper. Oh well at least I got $5 off it.

    ReplyDelete