Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ADRs Booked!

As promised, I'll be sharing much of my Disney vacation planning as we prepare for my "40th Birthday Extravaganza" in September. We typically don't need to make many ADRs, as we don't use the Disney Dining Plan and tend to eat mostly quick service meals. Our exception is that we usually try to do at least one (and sometimes two) character meal or special dining experience each trip.


Last night, I booked the two dining experiences that I wanted to make sure we did for my birthday. I decided I wanted to have my birthday dinner (well, actually a late lunch) at Les Chefs de France. We booked for 30 minutes before animatronic Remy is supposed to arrive, so that hopefully we would be seated and settled in time to see him. I've always been a fan of the bakery in France, Boulangerie Patisserie, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this lovely table service restaurant. (And, hey, since we're lunching here, I'll probably still hit the bakery later in the evening for a birthday chocolate mousse!)


The other special dining experience that has become a favorite of mine is afternoon tea at the Garden View Tea Room at the Grand Floridian. My first visit to this cozy little hideaway was with a friend who lives in the area. We enjoyed it so much that I decided to take my oldest daughter when she was old enough. Now that my youngest will be turning 5, I've decided that both girls are ready to share this experience. (Daddy was invited but opted out.) And since we'll be staying at the Grand Floridian for the second portion of our trip, we'll have our tea on the day that we switch resorts (we're taking a day "off" from the Parks so that we can switch over at a leisurely pace and also enjoy the pool and some other sites throughout the World).


At this point, that's all we have planned. We may add a character breakfast (or not), but it will not be a princess meal(been there/done that...several times), so I think we'll still be able to get an ADR is we decide to add that later.


I'm beginning to fill my clear plastic folio with various paperwork (mail received from Disney, printed out confirmations, etc.), so it's starting to feel official. I'm happy to report that Disney has released information about the Fall YES Programs, although registration is not yet open. That will likely be our next step--securing our spot and ordering tickets. As always, I'll keep my dear readers posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment