Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday's Tip

Today's tip is coming a bit late in the day (so sorry about that!), in part because I have been frantically crunching numbers, checking crowd calendars, and all the things I do before planning a Walt Disney World vacation...for own family! And I was not feeling especially creative in the tip area today, until it came to me. This one is so simple, but it really should be said (and repeated...'cause I'm pretty sure I've said it before): When in doubt, just ask!

What do I mean?you say. Well, today I was fretting about the fact that they haven't yet announced the dates for the fall Homeschool Days. But we have a pin code that expires in just 4 days (and it's a really good room rate!). I had a half dozen questions swirling around in my head: When will the next HS days be? If those dates don't work for us, will there be additional YES programs added to the fall schedule? And if I enroll in the YES programs, are those discounted ticket prices available to the whole family or just the student attending? And since my daughter is so young, will I be able to attend the program with her? It seems that each question led to the next.

So I picked up the phone. And I dialed the number for the Youth Education Series office. And I asked. And--guess what!--I got answers. (OK, so they actually couldn't tell me the specific dates for the Homeschool Days, because those haven't been released yet. But I did find out enough information to help me nail down our dates.) The point is, Disney Cast Members are, in my experience, almost always helpful. Now, that doesn't mean they'll offer you the best discount up front (again, you have to ask). But they will gladly walk you through whatever process you're thinking through. They'll crunch the numbers on your reservation to see which discount is the best deal for your family. And if you're really lucky, they might throw in a little extra magic along the way too. (Room upgrade? Yes, please!)

Now, if I could just decide where to stay! So many choices...so little time. I'm sure those helpful Cast Members will be hearing from me more than once over the next few days. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment