Saturday, February 26, 2011

Booked!

We finally "pulled the trigger" on our next Walt Disney World vacation--well, at least the resort reservation. Actually, reservations. See, we had a great pin code discount, and it was actually a larger percentage off for the deluxe resorts. So I thought, Wow, this might be our best chance to splurge a little, 'cause you never know if or when one of those lovely pin codes will come along again. But then the frugal traveler in me got cold feet. It's hard for me to spend more than twice the $ just to stay in a nicer room, when we don't actually spend much time in our room. But, then again, we would be going on my 40th birthday--yep, the BIG one. So, I'm thinking that's worth a splurge, right?

So, I crunched a lot of numbers with various scenarios (different types of tickets, with or without special events and character meals, etc.), and we came to a compromise. We'll spend the first half of our trip here:



At the All-Star Sports Resort. This is actually probably my very least favorite of all the Disney Resorts. (Did I mention we're a family of mostly girls...and not at all athletic?) But I did want to stay somewhere we've never stayed, for research purposes (all for you, dear readers!). And I figured that getting to stay at my very most favorite resort for my birthday would make it well worth it. So...are you ready for it? I will be spending my 40th birthday at the...wait for it...



Grand Floridian!!! I am seriously over the moon with excitement. This is my favorite Disney Resort. We always visit and have often eaten or had tea there, but this will be our first time (and perhaps last...it is pretty pricey) to stay there. Concessions had to be made (the aforementioned Value Resort, as well as skipping the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party), because I simply won't allow us to go over what I consider to be a reasonable budget. But the concessions are well worth the special 40th birthday memories I will have. Happy birthday to me!

I'll be sharing more about tickets, dining, etc. as we get closer to our September trip.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great time! Two resorts in one visit and one of them the Grand Floridian. That's awesome!!:) Congratulations!! I'm looking forward to all your posts regarding your stay. Just think it's only about 6 months away.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] early as the end of September. That would be a kind of awesome birthday present if they were in for our trip in a couple of weeks. (Yes, we’re spending my actual birthday at the Grand Floridian, but we’re off-setting [...]

    ReplyDelete