Monday, February 7, 2011

Playhouse Disney Closes Forever...Well, Sort Of

Playhouse Disney Live On Stage has closed for good...except that's not exactly, precisely the story. See, it will re-open in March as Disney Junior. This is, of course, a reflection of the change taking place on the Disney Channel, as Playhouse Disney is being gradually shifted to Disney Junior.

Expect to see some new story lines in this perennial favorite among the preschool set. My guess is that the new Disney Junior show, "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" will play a significant role, since we've been seeing ads forit for the last few weeks on Disney Channel. I'm quite certain that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse will also remain. Early reports said that Handy Manny and Little Einsteins would also bet sticking around. (Personally, I would prefer to see these two replaced. I think they've seen their heyday. But the Disney marketing team failed to consult me. Hmmph.)

Looking forward to seeing what Disney Junior has to offer!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what changes they make. I'm really hoping they keep Little Einsteins around. My 18 month and 3 year old boys would be so broken hearted if they were taken away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss seeing My Friends Tigger and Pooh on the Disney channel. =(

    ReplyDelete