Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fairy Garden Meet-N-Greet Now Open



I told you just a week ago in this post that the displaced Disney Fairies would be spending the remainder of February at Disney's Hollywood Studios until their meet-n-greet area in Epcot was ready. Then I found out from a friend who just returned from a WDW vacation that they were temporarily hanging out in the hallway at the Character Spot in Epcot. Before I could even blog this change, I learned that their permanent Fairy Garden (near Mouse Gear) is already open! This is in essentially the same spot as the Fairy Garden at the Flower & Garden Festival.

Since the meet-n-greet is outdoors, I'm guessing that inclement weather will either shut it down or move it back to the Character Spot hallway. Expect large crowds for these popular characters, although perhaps not quite as bad as when they were with the princesses and M&M at Toontown. Still, moving them to a park that is not considered one of the top kid favorites is a great move on Disney's part--making Epcot more attractive to younger guests.

We've met Tink, Rosetta, Silvermist, Iridessa, Fawn, and Vidia. We're hoping to catch Terrence on our next visit!

2 comments:

  1. MY daughter and I are going to Walt disney World parks on May 16th for 4 days. My daughter really likes Silvermist while I love all the fairies. Any chance of her wish coming true? I check the disney app daily on my phone but it does not list the fairies at Epcot so I have no idea about who is there and when we should try to go. Can anyone help me out. It is her first time and I really want to mkae it as special as spossible for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Affording the MouseApril 18, 2011 at 5:55 AM

    We met Silvermist when the Fairies first appeared in the Magic Kingdom (Toontown) in 2009. Since then, she's made infrequent appearances. While there's no way to say for certain what might happen in the next month, Silvermist is, sadly, not one of the Fairies currently greeting guests at Epcot. Tink, Terrance, Vidia, and Rosetta are greeting guests for now.

    ReplyDelete