Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Sweets from Epcot

In honor of Valentine's Day, I am posting my very most favorite Walt Disney World treat from my very most favorite WDW eatery: Chocolate Mousse from the Boulangerie Patisserie (France, Epcot). This recipe yields 3 cups of the most heavenly treat that would be the perfect cap to your Valentine's dinner. Sadly, I'm calorie counting, so I won't be making it tonight. Maybe to reward myself when I hit my goal weight! If you make it, let me know how it turns out. Looks simple enough for even the culinary-challenged. Bon apetit!

 

My youngest, enjoying the last bit of chocolate mousse.


5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted

2 egg yolks, slightly beaten

1/4 cup cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
Melt chocolate over hot water. Remove. Combine egg yolks and cream. Gradually add to chocolate, stirring rapidly. Add vanilla. Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate mixture. Chill until firm.

2 comments:

  1. Yum. How much chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I just realized that I missed part of the recipe when I cut and pasted it over. I fixed it! (It's 5 oz. of semi-sweet.)

    ReplyDelete