Friday, February 5, 2010

Own a One-of-a-Kind, Hand-Painted String Bass

Have I mentioned that I live in Nashville--aka Music City? Or that I was a music major in college (vocal performance, to be precise)? Music is in integral part of my life, and I'm a big believer in/supporter of music education. Now five lucky (and perhaps rather wealthy) people will have an opportunity to not only own a one-of-a-kind instrument, they will also get to help keep music education alive!

 

photo copyright Disney

Designed and hand-painted by Disney animators, the string basses seen above each feature a different Disney character or movie (my favorite is the Cheshire Cat!). They will be auctioned this summer, with the proceeds going to benefit the music education programs at GRAMMY Foundation. You can read more about it and see the instruments in greater detail here.

OK, Nashville musician friends, now is the time to start saving! You know you want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment