Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"The English Channel" Replaces "British Invasion"

As I told you last week, British Invasion had their last show in the United Kingdom pavilion of Epcot this week. We now know that their replacement is a band called "The English Channel." Unlike British Invasion, who were a Beatles tribute band, The English Channel play a variety of British music--everything from the Beatles and Dave Clark Five to Led Zeppelin and the Police...seriously. The group neither wears costumes nor offers guests even a hint of fake Madonna-esque British accent.

I'm going to try very hard to reserve my judgment until I have actually heard the group perform. But, really, one of the things that made British Invasion so popular is their total commitment to the characters they were playing. I mean, if I wanted to hear any old cover band, I could hop into a local bar. When I'm at Epcot, I want kitsch and stereotypes, thank you very much! (So much for reserving judgment.)

I'd love to hear feedback from readers who've actually seen the show. How do the new guys compare with the beloved BI?

No comments:

Post a Comment