Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thursday's Tip

I know I have shared this tip at one time or another, but it's so important that it's worth repeating. (And, if my Facebook "likes" are any indication, I've gained a few new readers since the last time I shared it...so it's new to some of you, right?) When you purchase a Disney Parks ticket, the first thing you should do as soon as you have that ticket in your possession is copy the long series of numbers and letters underneath the bar code on the back and then put that piece of paper somewhere safe. Why? That number is your key to replacing your ticket should it be lost, stolen, or eaten by a FASTPASS machine. (Don't laugh...it happens.)

Should any of the afforementioned mishaps occur, simply go to Guest Relations and give them the ticket number(s), and they'll be able to re-issue your ticket within minutes. (I know this from firsthand experience. Really not kidding about the FASTPASS machine thing.)



If you have a good camera, you can simply take a digital picture of the back. (Ours doesn't work so well on close-ups, but you can see where the number is located, underlined in green.) In the past, I have also sent my mom ('cause I can usually get in touch with her fast) an email with our ticket numbers in it, so that I could call her if anything happened and she would relay the numbers back to me. Sometimes we store them in my husband's smart phone. But the simple method of writing the numbers on a slip of paper and placing it in the care of someone NOT holding the actual tickets works quite well too. However you choose to do it, I highly recommend storing those numbers in a safe place. You never know when you might need them! (FASTPASS machine...that's all I'm saying.)

Here's another sub-tip: If you only lose one ticket, you can take a ticket from another member of your party to Guest Relations, providing they were purchased together. When you purchase multiple tickets in one transaction, they are all linked together in Disney's computer system. So you can use any ticket in the group to find another related ticket's bar code and, thus, have the lost ticket replaced. (Again, I know this from experience

2 comments:

  1. Also, if you are staying at a Disney Resort, you can ask the concierge to attach your paper tickets to you key to the world card. We did that this year after purchasing our tickets from Undercover Tourist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great tip if you're wanting to cut down on how many cards you carry! (Can I admit, though, that it makes me nervous to put my Key to the World in a FASTPASS machine?)

    ReplyDelete