Monday, September 19, 2011

My Top 5 WDW Sweet Treats

While we are a budget-conscious family who often takes our own snacks and treats into the Disney Parks, there are a few items that we absolutely MUST purchase and consume on each visit to the World. In most cases, we choose items that are pretty budget-friendly--even if they're not waistline-friendly.

If all is going according to our plan, this is day 3in the Parks for us. We've probably already consumed the number 1 item on this top-5 list, and possibly number 5. Yesterday, at Disney's Hollywood Studios , I'm sure I had item number 2, and we might have even hopped over to Epcot to have numbers 3 and 4. Yep, we've probably already tackled most or all of the list. But I digress... here are my top 5 favorite sweet treats to eat at Walt Disney World:

5. The Dole Whip at Aloha Isle (Magic Kingdom) or Captain Cook's (Polynesian). This one is a little polarizing in my family--not everyone enjoys pineapple. But I do, and this creamy concoction makes me happy. It's a great cool treat on a hot Florida day. It will set you back around $3.50 for a cup (they also have orange and vanilla, or you can swirl any of the three) and around $4.50 for a pineapple float.

4. School Bread from Kringla Bakeri og Cafe (Norway, Epcot). If you're not a coconut fan, you can skip this one. But if you're like me and you love a good piece of coconut cream pie, try this as a tasty alternative. You won't be disappointed. You can get this yummy pastry for around $2.50.

3. Chocolate Mousse from Boulangerie Patisserie (France, Epcot). It's so good that I almost feel guilty putting it at number 3. At one time, this probably topped my list. It hasn't changed--it's still fabulous. But one new item has caught my attention, and an old favorite tops the list. All that to say, at under $4, this is still a never-miss treat for our crew.



2. Carrot Cake Cookie from the Writer's Stop (Disney's Hollywood Studios). After reading raving reviews, I had this for the first time last year--and it did not disappoint. The cake is soft and fluffy but still sturdy enough to hold together. And the cream cheese icing is light and not so rich that it overpowers the cake. Just like Mary Poppins, it's "practically perfect in every way." Seriously. Around $3, and it's huge!

1. Mickey Ice Cream Bar, found in every Park at various carts. You really can't go wrong here. It's a classic. And who doesn't like vanilla ice cream encased in chocolate. So creamy...so yummy. At around $3.50, it has to be #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment