Thursday, September 15, 2011

Heading to Our Happy Place

I shouldn't be up yet...really. I need the sleep. But my youngest daughter woke up about an hour ago, at 2:45 a.m., to use the restroom. And for some reason, our children prefer the master bathroom to their own (note to self: remedy this in the near future). So, awakened by her middle-of-the-night wanderings, I tried desperately to fall back to sleep. But I can't. I'm just too excited! My mind is churning with the usual pre-vacation musings--Did I pack ___________? Did I remember to __________?--and a few that are very Disney-specific--Should I change that ADR? What if I juggle our touring plan this way? So, as you can tell, I have a lot on my mind.

We'll be driving to the Atlanta area this afternoon and staying with family tonight. Then we'll get up bright and early and drive the rest of the way. Our kids tolerate time in the car quite well. We have a DVD player, and both girls still have and enjoy Leapster handheld games. My oldest daughter is currently one hour into a seven-hour recording of The Secret Garden, and she's quite captivated by it. I have a stack of "read this when you have time" books, including a selection for a book club I recently joined. And my husband is bringing along an iPad2 from his office (one of the advantages of being married to an IT manager!). All in all, I think everyone will be sufficiently entertained.

We appreciate any and all prayers for safety on the road as we travel and health and well-being throughout our vacation. (If you're a long-time reader, you may recall that last year's WDW vacation was temporarily interrupted by a trip to immediate care for my youngest. Fortunately, it was just a mild virus, and with a little ibuprofen we were clear to continue touring. And no one else in the family caught it--hooray!)

I'll do my best to post periodically, and I promise to provide a nice big trip report upon our return!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited too. My DH and I are heading to our first 'kid' free vacation at the World. We will be leaving at 2:00am tomorrow. So we will be there at the same time. Have a great and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete