Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mid-Trip Report

I haven't had much time for posting thus far throughout our trip (and the media/technology gods have not aligned for me either--internet access on the iPad but photo storage on the laptop is making things a bit inconvenient), but I wanted to make a point to get something up mid-way through our trip.

For starters, things are going pretty well, with a few exceptions. We had a great drive with minimal traffic. Check-in was a breeze. Park crowds are pretty light. There have, however, been a few bumps in the road. My youngest got sick in the middle of the night before our first day of touring. We were cautiously optimistic that it was a fluke--not a virus that would wreck our entire trip--and, fortunately, that turned out to be the case. We've also had a few disappointments with Disney that I'll address more completely in another post--things like smaller food portions for higher prices, ridiculous bus lines, and a serious lake of towel/washcloth creations in our resort room. I'm not trying to take down the Mouse, but it seems like we're being offered less and less, yet expected to pay more for it these days.

But let's stick with the happy stuff for now. Here are a few highlights thus far:

  • Meeting Rapunzel first thing on our first day in the Parks!

  • My 5-year-old daughter screaming (in a happy way) on any thrill ride.

  • Eating through my Top 5 favorite sweet treats in the first 3 days.

  • Hanging out with our cousin Camille who is in the College Program at Disney. (We're learning some fun behind-the-scenes trivia from her.)

  • Getting 2 of the more than 50 scenarios from Star Tours under my belt!

  • My husband being the Rebel Spy on our first ride of the new version.


That's just a start. You may not hear from me much this week, but I assure you I'll have several rounds of trip updates next week. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment