Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Disney Fund Update

It's just two days before we leave for our next WDW vacation, and we decided to tally up the Disney Fund. Are you ready for the breakdown? Here goes:

  • Cash (from our yard sale and loose change*): $292.72

  • Restaurant gift cards (earned from survey sites and secret shopping; we may not be able to use all of these on our trip, but we'll take them just in case): $105

  • Gas cards (rewards from credit cards and from the CVS "spend $30/get a $10 gas card" deal): $140

  • Disney gift cards (we purchased one to get Kroger points; the other were gifts or promotions): $155

  • American Express cards (from credit card rewards and survey companies): $125

  • Chase Disney Rewards Visa dollars: $191


All that for a grand total of $1008.72! Wow, I never would have imagined that we could save so much so fast (we only started saving in earnest about 6 weeks ago!)--and without it having any significant impact on our regular finances! Gee, with that kind of savings, maybe I can convince my husband that we should make TWO trips to the World next year! (I'm not holding my breath.)

*This number might have been considerably higher, but as a family we decided that we would donate half of our yard sale earnings to missions/charity. We chose the Haiti Starfish program that our church supports. This amazing program feeds school children in Haiti. For many, this is the only complete meal they are given each day. Because of this program, our girls have developed tender hearts for the children in Haiti--makes me a proud, happy Mama!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be heading to WDW on saturday! Super excited. I just did a disney fund break down as well and have way more than I orginally thought I would. See ya there!!

    ReplyDelete