Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Primeval Whirl to Remain Closed Through September

You may find it hard to believe, but there are actually a few attractions at Walt Disney World that I've never experienced. Mostly, they are the newer thrill rides that have cropped up since I had children. (When I was a kid, I would ride anything. Now...not so much.) One such attraction is Primeval Whirl in Animal Kingdom. (OK, not really a "thrill ride," but I don't do spinning either.)

You may recall that Primeval Whirl has been closed since January, originally for routine maintenance. However, the closure was extended when on March 13 a resort mechanic was struck by one of the ride vehicles and died the following day from a massive head injury. Pending an OSHA investigation, Disney has announced that the attraction will now remain closed until at least September 14. This 6-month time frame seems to be standard operating procedure for OSHA on such an investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment