Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mixed Reviews for Cars 2

Cars 2 © the Disney Co.

It's one of the most anticipated sequels of the summer--at least in our household--but Cars 2 is receiving some very mixed reviews. Right now, it's posting a 52% rating on the Tomatometer on RottenTomatoes.com. Yikes!

We'll be seeing it this weekend, and I hope we'll have positive things to say. However, I've already read a few reviews that have me wondering if Disney is trying to put their political slant on the oil crisis (and I really HATE when family films do that!). I'm going to withhold judgement until I actually see it.

C'mon Lightning and Mater--don't disappoint me!

UPDATE: As of Thursday morning (6/23), Cars 2 is at a dismal 43% on the Tomatometer. Wowser! (Oh, and I just discovered the fascinating coincidence that Tow-mater is the star of a movie that is being tracked on a Tomatometer. Yep, I'm a little slow.)

UPDATE 2: After opening, it's now sitting at 33%. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment