Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Daughters without mothers seems to be a recurring theme in Disney films, making fathers all-the-more-important in the lives of the ingenue characters. In honor of Father's Day, here are a few of my favorite father/daughter pairings from Disney movies(all photos below ©The Disney Company):

Belle and her father, Maurice

 

Jasmine and her father, the Sultan

Princess Jasmine (voice of Linda Larkin ) with her father the Sultan (voice of Douglas Seale ) and Raja the Tiger from Walt Disney's Aladdin

Ariel and King Triton



Pocahontas and Chief Powhatan



So, here's to fathers and daughters (and sons, but Disney seems to favor the father/daughter pairing)! Hope all you dads have a great Father's Day! I'm spending mine with two of the best dads I know: my father and my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment