Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just Redeemed Some Disney Movie Rewards

Do you collect Disney Movie Rewards? If you don't, you're missing out on some great free stuff that you can acquire simply by going to see Disney movies in the theatre and/or buying them on DVD and/or Blu-ray. I had been saving my rewards in the hopes that I might get to see Mary Poppins on Broadway within the next year. (See, my super talented cousin is one of the stars of an amazing production of Oklahoma! at Arena Stage in Washington, DC, and everyone is hopeful that it will go to Broadway soon. Hoped to catch a little MP while I was there to see him.) Alas, the MP ticket offer on Disney Movie Rewards is no longer available. Boo.

Soooo...since I had accrued over 6000 rewards points, I thought I'd do a little "shopping." We had planned to buy my oldest daughter a new bike for her birthday in July, since her knees are hitting her chin on her old bike. A little trip to the bike store today revealed that 20" is the size she needs. Well, it just so happens that there is a High School Musical bike available from DMR for just 4400 points--score! Although it might not be her first choice, my daughter does llike the HSM movies. And when I explained to her that if I didn't actually have to buy her the bike, she would likely get more/better presents, she was totally on board. To seal the deal, we picked out a nice pair of rollerblades that will be among those other presents.

Here's what we'll get for just 4400 points:



Not bad for, essentially, free. I mean. we were gonna buy all those movies anyhow...might as well get something free in the process!

1 comment:

  1. [...] may remember that I was able to get a free High School Musical bike for my daughter’s birthday in July by redeeming my Disney Movie Rewards points. If [...]

    ReplyDelete