Monday, January 31, 2011

Changes Around Epcot



I've seen reports over the last couple of days that the Innoventions Plaza in Epcot is getting a bit of a makeover. Most noticeable is the removal of the various types of "whirligigs" that clutter, er I mean adorn the area.

There have also been some recent pavement changes as well as painting of the "legs" of Spaceship Earth, that have caused speculation that bigger changes might be coming to the Leave a Legacy area--changes, as in its possible removal. I think we can all agree that those big stone monuments are an eyesore, but I can't help feeling a twinge of empathy for those whose photos adorn them. I'm sure they'll miss scouring those big rocks for their tiny faces.

I'm excited to report the re-opening of some ImageWorks exhibits in the Imagination Pavilion. The attraction formerly known as the Kodak "What If" Labs has seen more than its fair share of turmoil. Losing sponsorship seemed to leave this fun little area in limbo. Parts of it had been walled off for months, but now the computers are back up and running...and there's even a new game that allows you to create your own version of Figment, the character mascot of Imagination. Our kiddos have always loved the musical exhibits here (where you can conduct and create music with your body), so I'm glad to see this area coming back to life.

Finally, as I mentioned in this post, the Velcro exhibits in Innoventions West will be closing in the next week. Farewell, SlapStick Studios!

2 comments:

  1. We are headed to Disney in 4 days! I will be on the lookout for the changes. We completely agree with you on the Leave a Legacy thing, always thought it was just an eyesore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an awesome trip! We've been missing Mickey & the gang and have so many friends that have just been or are going soon. It's making me antsy to plan our next visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete