Saturday, January 15, 2011

Taste of Disney How-To Video

I absolutely LOVE tea parties, and I especially enjoy them with children. In fact, for several years my daughters and I hosted an annual Mother/Daughter Teddy Bear Tea in our home to kick off the Christmas season. I also take great pleasure in making my girls' birthday cakes each year. No, I'm certainly not a professional. But I do enjoy it, and I hope that the love and care I put into each cake is what the girls will remember--and not that it was less-than-perfect. (And I actually am getting better!)

I combined these two interests (tea parties and cake decorating) for my youngest daughter's 3rd birthday--a Mad Hatter Tea Party! Here's a pic of the "topsy-turvy" cake I made for the occasion:



And, just for fun, here's a pic of the table setting:



And our cute little "Alice" (yes, we played croquet, but not with flamingos and hedgehogs!):



OK, so back to the point of my post (I'm easily sidetracked when it comes to all things Disney!). This video from Taste of Disney caught my eye because it shows how simple it is to make professional-looking cupcakes from fondant, using the same methods they use in making treats for the Wonderland Tea Party (in part, my inspiration for the above birthday party) held at the Grand Floridian Resort. It really is incredibly easy to use fondant, and it looks so polished! What a great project for kids too! Makes me want to spend this Saturday in the kitchen--did I really just say that?

BTW, there are several other videos that follow this one that will introduce you to other Disney food favorites. If you're a "foodie," you'll want to check out this video series.

No comments:

Post a Comment