Friday, January 7, 2011

New Shades of Green Discount



If you or a family member is active or retired military, you may be aware of the military-only resort near Walt Disney World, Shades of Green. If you're not aware, you should be! Although I have never been there (alas, I don't qualify because I'm not from a military family--although my dad is a Vietnam veteran and both grandpas were in WWII...OK, so that was a bit of a rabbit trail...and we're back!), I have heard wonderful things. This ARFC (Armed Forces Recreation Center) has deluxe-quality accommodations (minus the elaborate Disney theming of WDW resorts) for a moderate price. You can check out their website to see for yourself!

Now, to sweeten the deal, Shades of Green is offering up to 50% off room rates August 15 through October 31, 2011. (Rate categories are determined by rank...it's very complex, and I admit that I don't really understand it all.You can see a rate chart here.)Of course there are some black-out dates. Still, this is a great deal, especially when paired with the Disney Armed Forces Appreciation ticket deal I mentioned in this post.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip. We love staying at the Shades of green. We were just there in December.

    ReplyDelete