Monday, September 20, 2010

Trip Report: Shopping for Souvenirs

We've been to Walt Disney World more than the average family. The upside of this--in addition to the sheer joy and fun we have--is that our kids no longer beg and plead for every Mickey item they see. They know that every attraction in the Parks will take them through a gift shop themed similarly to the attraction. They have also learned that breezing through these gift shops affords them more time in the Parks for other attractions. Sure, they'd still love to have one of everything...but because their frugal mom usually packs a few new surprises (bought on sale, of course), they have been properly inoculated against the "gimmies."

Still, we all enjoy seeing what's new and exciting in Disney merchandise. I particularly like seeing what the countries in the World Showcase at Epcot have to offer. This trip, I purchased only one souvenir for myself: an "Italia" T-shirt for just $6.99! Bargain, right? Here's a sampling of our window-shopping around WDW, starting at Downtown Disney:
Kicking myself for not purchasing this cute "Tea for One"



My ballerinas loved this Minnie!



Why we buy light-up toys ahead of time (on sale):





Next, a few classic Mickey Tees from the Studios (these were in the Backlot Tour gift shop...didn't see them anywhere else):





And finally, a variety of items from Epcot--my favorite spot to shop:
Great Britain (although I saw these pink swords/shields at other areas of the Parks)




The champagne is flowing in France:




Lively marketplace in Morroco. Who doesn't love a Fez hat?




Get a pair of Geta (traditional Japanese footwear--a cross between clogs and flip-flops) and socks to go with them.




Who knew Smurfs were German? And check out the price tag on the castle!






And my final selection is from China. What can I say? I'm a tea person.



So what's the coolest thing you've ever seen at WDW? Did you buy it? Let me hear from you in the Comments.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is funny to see the smurfs in the German shop because they are from Belgium! ;) I am from Germany and will visit Disney World in a few weeks for the first time. I really can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete