Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thursday's Tip

Do I have any readers who are scrapbookers? Surely, I must! And if you're like me, you probably often stroll through Michael's or JoAnn's or your local scrapbooking store in search of the latest and greatest Disney-themed materials for your next book. I shudder to think about how much I've spent on stickers, stamps, punches...but I almost ALWAYS buy on sale and/or use a coupon! (Still gotta be frugal!) But I digress...



Today's tip: save your receipts, unused FastPasses, tickets, Key to the World, or even promotional materials that you get at WDW for your scrapbooks! One easy way to do this is to empty your pockets, purse, or backpack at the end of each touring day and see what might be appropriate to use in a scrapbook.  I put these items in a zipper bag (gallon size) for safe keeping until I get home. I've used pieces from park maps, promotional materials, and even pressed pennies in my scrapbooks. Used tickets and my Key to the World almost always make the cut. These items are a nice addition to your photos, stickers, and embellishments, and it's always great to repurpose items you were going to toss anyhow!

1 comment:

  1. I save all sorts of things from our trips, but I never seem to have the time to make a scrapbook with all that stuff in it. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete