Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Packing...

I'm finally packing in earnest this week, and I can honestly say that the process gets easier with each trip. Case in point: before previous trips I might have panicked if I found myself with less than a week to do the actual "nuts-n-bolts" packing for a Disney vacation. But because I have done this so many times, and because I use a very detailed packing list, and finally because I keep some essential (and Disney-specific) items tucked away in our "Disney tub" between trips, the process is less daunting than it could be. Don't get me wrong--we take a LOT of stuff and it's still a lot of work. But I guess I'm a pro at it by now.

This week, instead of my usual "Thursday's Tip," I'll be sharing a special "How I Pack" segment. I hope you'll find it helpful. Then, after a final "Friday Photo" as we leave town, I'll bid you adieu for a week. IF (and that's a capital IF) I happen to squeeze in some time with free wifi (perhaps at the McDonald's near the All-Star resorts!), I'll try to drop by and report how the trip is going. And again, IF I find time between now and Friday, I'll try to have a couple of posts scheduled through next week, so I don't loose all my readers while I'm away for a week. But if the stars don't align and this doesn't happen, I promise to make up for it with loads of trip report posts when I return!

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is so exciting!! I'm looking forward to all your future reports!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your Thursday's Tip this week as we are counting down the days.....8 more:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also looking forward to your packing post because we are leaving for WDW in 16 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Affording the MouseAugust 31, 2010 at 9:11 AM

    I've been working on posts, and I've decided that I have to break it down into several smaller posts. It was getting loooooong! :-) But I will have the first installment by Thursday, with a few more to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. We just went to Disneyland in June and I'm having serious withdrawals. So I'll just have to live through you for now. LOL. Have a great trip! Say hi to Mickey for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! And I'll definitely greet the Mouse for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for your packing tips, we have 9 days to go. I probably won't get to read about your trip until I get back...but I will look forward to it. Are you watching the National Hurricane Center site as much as I am-lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, I’ve been so busy I have barely watched the news. But I’m aware of the hurricane. We’ve been during hurricane season before and had no problems. And then we’ve been in May when it poured every day of our trip. You just never know! Still, I always say that a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day almost anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete