Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yum...My Favorite Disney Treat

My oldest daughter wanted to spend some time with me tonight (I know--trying to hold onto that while it's still the case!), so she decided we should cook together. We made our favorite Walt Disney World dessert--the chocolate mousse they serve at Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot (France). It's chilling right now, but I took a little taste before putting it in the frige and...YUM! It's gonna be soooooo good. I've given the recipe here before, but if you missed it, here it is again. Easy enough for a six-year-old and her non-gourmet mom to make together!


5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1/4 cup cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
Melt chocolate over hot water. Remove. Combine egg yolks and cream. Gradually add to chocolate, stirring rapidly. Add vanilla. Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate mixture. Chill until firm. Yields 3 cups.




No comments:

Post a Comment