Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gospel Choir Fest Added to Night of Joy Festivities

I am really excited about this post, because I'm hoping we might just get to see a bit of this competition! Disney is hosting an inaugural Gospel Choir Fest to coincide with Night of Joy, the annual Christian music event held at WDW in September. It just so happens to fall toward the end of our upcoming trip! Have I mentioned that I was a music/voice major in college? Or that I sing on my church's worship team? Or that I used to teach voice? Or that I just simply love gospel music? Well, I was, I do, I did, and I really do!

Here are the details: choirs will compete on Saturday, September 11 in the morning at the American Gardens Theatre in Epcot. Master of Ceremonies for the event will be Smokie Norful, a Grammy-winning gospel artist. The winning choir will be awarded a set in the evening's Night of Joy lineup, alongside such popular artists such as Mercy Me, Third Day, and Family Force Five. 

Theme park admission to Epcot is required to watch the Choir Fest, even for performers, but there are special packages available for those participating (click here). Night of Joy is a separate ticketed event, and the Magic Kingdom will close early that evening to guests who do not have tickets for the show. (A good example of why it's important to always check park hours before making your touring plan!)

It's not too late to enter your choir--registration is open until July 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment