Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday's Tip

I'm trying to plan a trip for our family to New York City to see my cousin in Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella on Broadway. (That's almost a Disney connection, right?) I'm realizing that our entire family can visit Walt Disney World for over a week for less than what it will cost us to spend 3 days in NYC. Ouch! If any of my readers have any great NYC money-saving tips, please hit me with them in the comments.

But I digress...all my trip planning has led to much frustration, as I know very little about the area. While I can plan a trip to WDW in my sleep, with the confidence that I'm getting the best deal available, I feel pretty lost when it comes to NYC. So, here's my tip: don't be afraid to seek professional help. No, I don't mean a therapist (although, I could probably use one of those at this point!). I'm talking about a travel agent or consultant--one that specializes in all things Disney. Most travel agents work on commission, so theoretically they won't cost you anything. And even a consultant who charges a fee (like me) will typically save you more than you pay in fees...and will save you countless hours of hassle and frustration. (I actually guarantee my fees against the client's savings; if I don't save you more off standard Disney rates than my fee, then I don't get paid!)

If you're like me and you love to do the research yourself, then there are tons of resources available to you. But if your head is about to explode from the information overload, seek qualified help. After all, time is money, so you'll likely save some $ and your sanity too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment