Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Who's That Girl?

If you visit Walt Disney World frequently enough, you might occasionally begin to recognize some of the Cast Members that play various roles around the World. For example, on our last few visits we saw the same actress play Belle in "Storytime with Belle" (before it closed to make way for Rapunzel). It's always a delight to see a familiar face in a familiar role. But lately, I've been having several "Who's that girl?" moments, as I've spotted one particular Disney Cast Member in numerous different roles. It makes one wonder if the ability to morph into various characters might be a detriment to an actor's believability. (How long before kiddos start commenting, "Mommy, Callie Stenics looks an awful lot like the American Idol judge yesterday.") Here's proof of what I'm talking about:

 Patty of the "From the Drawing Board" video, updating us on the Art of Animation Resort construction,

 can also be seen as...

 Habit Heroes Will Power and Callie Stenics Callie Stenics (Habitat Heroes, Epcot)

and also as...

an American Idol Experience judge (Disney's Hollywood Studios).

I've seen this particular actress in a couple of other places recently, although I couldn't recall exactly where (but I think at least one was another video). Now, I completely understand that Cast Members need to diversify in order to have a full schedule of work hours. In fact, I happen to know a CM who plays multiple roles throughout the Parks. My friend typically has costuming and/or wigs that help her become more "anonymous" as various characters. That said, this particular actress has a very distinct look and sound to her voice, and I haven't once seen her in a wig or makeup that truly disguises her appearance. (Yes, that wild American Idol hair is her own, teased up to amazing height--I asked her myself!)

Don't get me wrong--this actress is actually one of my favorite performing CMs, and I always enjoy seeing her perky face show up somewhere. But it might be time for Disney to give her a permanent full-time gig hosting as herself (whatever her name is!) instead of spreading her too thin as multiple characters, 'cause...well...we're onto her now.

No comments:

Post a Comment