Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Guess What Came in the Mail!

I'm always excited whenever I receive an envelope with the words "Rewards Center" or anything similar on the outside. When yesterday's arrived, I was struggling to remember what rebate I might have sent in or what points I might have redeemed recently--and I just couldn't think of what it might be.

 



I was thrilled when I opened it to find my $100 Disney gift card--my "reward" for opening a new Chase Premier Disney Visa account. (I actually thought it was going to be a credit to my account, not a gift card--and not nearly as fun, IMHO, since I can't put a credit directly into our Disney fund jar!) This card has already more than paid for itself (it does have a $49 annual fee, while the Chase Disney Rewards Visa does not have an annual fee)--at least for the next 2 years. And since I get 2% back in rewards for all purchases at restaurants, gas, and groceries--my three most common purchase categories--I'm sure it will continue to pay for itself well beyond the first two years.

NOTE: While I am a big advocate of earning rewards via credit cards, I am firmly against going into debt to take a vacation--even a Disney vacation. I use credit cards as a convenience, and I never use a credit card unless I have the cash in the bank to cover the purchase. So please don't view my rave review of the Chase Disney Premier Visa as a license to spend money that you don't have. If you have credit card debt, I highly recommend Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace, as well as his other books and programs. Don't let your money "own" you!

No comments:

Post a Comment