Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Learn About DVC and Get Free Stuff

Yesterday, I was surprised when FedEx stopped by our home to deliver a letter. (I didn't remember ordering anything that small recently...what could it be?) I went from surprised to excited when I saw that the letter was from Disney...and then I remembered! It was my $25 Disney gift card from the Disney Vacation Club.



For years, I have been considering...planning...even hoping to tour one of the DVC properties while on vacation at Walt Disney World. But when it comes down to it, the lure of the Parks is too strong--I'm just not willing to give up my precious touring time to see what it's all about. But a couple of weeks ago, I got an email inviting me to learn more about the DVC from the comfort of my very own home. For my time, I would be rewarded with a $25 Disney gift card. Of course I called the number right away!

No matter how you dress it up, the DVC is a timeshare. So, honestly, I was expecting a hard sell. Not so. In fact, I probably asked a few questions that made my presentation last a bit longer than average. (I actually did want to know more about the program!) And while I wasn't keeping an eye on the clock, my best estimate is that I was on the phone with the DVC representative about 10 minutes. Really. He offered to send me more information on the actual price breakdown of everything--which I accepted--but there was absolutely no pressure to make any sort of decision or move forward in any way. This was probably the most low-key sales presentation I've ever experienced.

All that to say, while you may not have the opportunity to do a DVC presentation over the phone like I did, you might consider popping over to one of the many DVC kiosks on Disney property the next time you visit. In the past, I have been offered everything from Disney gift cards to special FastPasses to tour one of the DVC properties. Most of the time, the actual tours take a couple of hours--but the rewards tend to be greater (I was offered a $75 gift card on one occasion--sadly, our schedule was packed).

If you want to maximize your chances of being offered a phone tour of the DVC, consider requesting information about it. Also, it helps if they know you are a regular visitor to Walt Disney World. To learn more about DVC and order your informational DVD, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment