Monday, May 10, 2010

Displaced Ariel Makes Debut in Adventureland

As I mentioned in this post, Ariel's Grotto is no more. And while we mourn the loss, we can all be excited about this: Ariel and Prince Eric are now greeting fans in Adventureland. What's so exciting about that? Well, since she's on dry land (and not that moisture-controlled rock in her Grotto), you can now see Ariel in her ball gown! Previously, the only other place you could do this was in Epcot, Norwary, Akershus Restaurant, for the Princess Storybook Dining experience. So, yes, this is kind of a big deal.

If you prefer the fin-tailed Ariel, you can still see her at Disney's Hollywood Studios, featured in her Voyage of the Little Mermaid attraction. But you won't be able to hug her or get her autograph. : ( But here's a fun secret for you: I know Ariel. No, seriously. I really, really do. Yes, THAT Ariel. I could tell you more...but I wouldn't dare spoil the magic.

1 comment: