Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

Tonight I'll be curled up on the couch with my family and a cup of tea. But instead of watching one of our favorite Disney films or even Disney Channel, we'll be watching election results. Truth be told, I don't really like politics. Bu as a responsible adult, I know how important the election process is, and I want my voice to be heard. Whatever the outcome, there will undoubtedly be a lot of angry people. We all know it's close...very close. One side is not going to be happy. Of course, I'm praying that it's not my team that loses. But here's what I know: Although I do believe this election is critical in the direction our country takes over the next four years, tomorrow we will still wake up in "the land of the free and the home of the brave." We need to diligently protect our freedom, but also need to realize that this election is one battle...not the whole war. And, more importantly, I believe that a soverign God puts men in office (and not always good men--read the Bible to see some of the scoundrels He allowed to run things). Nothing happens here on earth that He doesn't have His hands all over! However critical this day may look to us, its merely a blip on the radar for a God who sees the big picture. I don't know about you, but I find that very reassuring.

Perhaps this wasn't a very Disney-ish post. So, I'll leave you with this:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment