Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Updates Around WDW

I'm checking sites and getting some last-minute info before we head out to see the Mouse. Since I've become aware of several readers who are also going to WDW next week, I thought I'd share a few things that we're looking forward to, or are going to look into, on our trip:

  • There's a rumour that the talking Mickey might be making appearances for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year. We hope to stop by Town Square Theatre in the late afternoon on either Tuesday or Friday (nights of parties) in case he shows up early!

  • Some guests are getting previews of the new Fantasyland attraction, Enchanted Tales with Belle. I specifically read that guests exiting Mickey's Philharmagic have been offerred this experience. You can bet that we'll be hitting MP at least once on the trip, in hopes of getting a preview!

  • The NextGen FastPass technology is also currently being tested by some guests (you would be informed prior to arrival). While we haven't been chosen, I intend to spy on those who have--or, at least get a look at the machines and try to see how everything works.

  • We just happen to be arriving at the Art of Animation Resort on the day the Ariel section opens. I don't know if there are any opening-day plans, but we intend to arrive as early as possible (which won't be very early, as we're driving from Atlanta that day) and hope to join any festivities.

  • Our girls are definitely planning to visit with the newest Disney Fairy on the block, Periwinkle, at TinkerBell's Magical Nook (Magic Kingdom).

  • For the first time, I'm actually going to take my iPod into the Parks and take advantage of the newly-added free wifi! And I'll be trying out the new "My Disney Experience" app too!

  • Finally, I'm going to talk to every Cast Member I can--those I know and those I don't--and try to get any hints they can offer on rumors that are flying around (too many to list here). Sure, most of them will be guessing, just like the rest of us. Still, it's fun to hear what those on the inside think about the possible changes and additions around the World.

2 comments:

  1. We stayed at The Art of Animation Nemo suites in July, and my kids loved it! If you are staying in The Little Mermaid, you should still have access to The Nemo Splash Park. It was awesome! All of the workers there were super friendly and helpful. My kids like the rice krispie treats they had in their cafeteria with pictures of Ariel and Nemo on top and coated with chocolate on the bottom. The Radiator Springs part of the Resort is worth touring too. My boys loved getting their pictures taken by all of the Cars outside. We spent one whole day just at the resort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading from those that attended the early Belle opening. If you can participate in the musical activities inside the Belle castle, you get to participate in a meet and greet with Belle and get your picture taken. Some people have also gotten in the castle by seeing a CM near the entrance and just asking can they go inside. At any rate, if you are part of the dishes dancing, it is said that you get to meet Belle. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete