Thursday, September 13, 2012

Final Disney Fund Count

I must admit that I've been neglecting the Disney Fund lately. I haven't been doing anything to actively grow it. Nonetheless, I counted everything up, and here's what we have:

  • $774.89 in cash (mostly spare change, yard sale funds, and rebates)

  • $275.00 in Disney gift cards

  • $84.99 in gas gift cards

  • $65 in "cash" gift cards (American Express, etc.)

  • $213.67 in Disney Visa rewards


For a grand total of $1,413.55

Now, obviously, this won't pay for our entire vacation (although we have gone to Disney World for less than this in the past), but it will still take a significant bite out of what we will spend. And since this is all money that we acquired without diverting funds from elsewhere (it's found money, for the most part), we haven't even noticed a hit to our bank account.

In addition to the gift cards mentioned above, I'll also be taking along several restaurant gift cards that I've aquired from various sources (surveys, promotions, etc.). We may not be able to use all of them (depending on what restaurants are available when we're ready to eat), but hopefully we'll be able to save a little on our meals while we travel with these too. And, of course, I have dining coupons too!

I'll be tracking our expenses and plan to report back at the end of our trip with how much we saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment