Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!

So, it's Labor Day...the day my mother labored to bring my older brother into the world, and the day that so many of us take the day off from labor (but not the parents...there are no days off for parents). But I digress. We decided to spend the holiday at the local botanical gardens taking in the final day of an exhibit of treehouses. They were all very unique and had connections with literature too (making this the perfect homeschool field trip!), and we were especially excited to see the pirate-themed "Jolly Roger" treehouse that borrows from J.M. Barie's Peter and Wendy for its theming--a round-about Disney connection. What we didn't expect to find was a truly magical Disney connection in "The Rainbow Fish" treehouse.





You may not be able to tell from this photo, but the house is basically a shell of chicken wire with various CDs attached with wire ties. My youngest daughter spotted this on the fish's chin area:



Why, yes, that IS a 2009 Disney Vacation Planning DVD. I'd recognize that anywhere...and apparently so would my children.  Now that's a great Hidden Mickey find!

No comments:

Post a Comment