Friday, April 9, 2010

Pooh's Playful Spot Closing Along with Ariel's Grotto

As I reported yesterday, Ariel's Grotto will be closing on April 12. According the the official Disney Parks Blog, so will Pooh's Playful Spot, as well as Scuttle's Landing (quick service snacks, just outside Ariel's Grotto).



I gotta be honest with you...Pooh's Playful Spot doesn't do much for me or my family. I mean, a playgroundin Disney World? Kinda anti-climactic, when you consider the whole place is one big playground. But I know some parents of tots loved having a place to let them run and get the wiggles out before heading to the next attraction line. For now, Donald's Boat (Toontown) still provides a free-play experience--with water, making it even more fun, IMHO.

Still sad about Ariel's Grotto, but, as the saying goes, you can't stop progress. And when it's all said and done, I think the new Fantasyland will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment