Sunday, April 18, 2010

Characters in Flight Ready for Refurb



Characters in flight, the tethered hot air balloon experience in Downtown Disney, will be closed for refurbishment this week. The attraction should be out of commission only Tuesday through Thursday, barring any unforeseen complications.

So, has anyone actually tried this? My fear of heights keeps me watching from a safe distance on the ground, but I would love to hear from someone who has been up. Anyone...?

UPDATE: Apparently this refurbishment has been cancelled. The attraction will remain open as it is.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter and I both are terrified of heights. But I had to do this when we went last October and so she went with me. It was

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter and I both are terrified of heights. But I had to do this when we went last October and so she went with me. It was AWESOME!! You didn't even realize you were going up. It was so smooth. You have to try it at least once. I want to go back next month when we go and go up at night. Everyone says that is great because of the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Affording the MouseApril 18, 2010 at 11:41 PM

    You know, considering the size (large and not at all claustrophobic like a tiny basket), I might be able to do it. I was also terrifited of Soarin' (I know--wimp!), but I really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] so I know I told you about the refurbishment for Characters in Flight here…and then it was cancelled. But this time, it really, REALLY is happening. Really. The [...]

    ReplyDelete