Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday's Tip

Today I have a savings tip for you: never pay full price. No, I'm not just referring to a Walt Disney World vacation (although I certainly never pay full price on that!). This is my mantra for every day life. If you adopt a "never pay full price" attitude, you'll become a saver. And savers can afford to take their families to Walt Disney World!

Here's an example: I coupon shop. And if it's not on sale or I don't have a coupon, I rarely buy it. Obviously, there are a few exceptions...but not many. For example, my husband and I have been sharing a tiny sample of toothpaste this week because I actually let my stockpile of regular-sized tubes run out, and I don't currently have any good coupons. That's how cheap I am! I'm sure that soon there will be a great sale or I will come up with some coupons and we can replenish our stash. Until then, we're finally putting all those freebies from the dentist to good use.

Another great way to implement this tip is to shop seasonally. As I've mentioned, we're homeschoolers, and I'm currently deciding on next year's curriculum for my girls. Although I have made most of the decisions, I'm holding off on purchases because I know there will be several deals that coincide with the spring homeschool conventions and fairs around the country. There are also usually some springtime used curriculum sales at local churches. I'm holding out for the best deal. BUT, I'm going to purchase my favorite planner this week, because it's on sale and I'm fairly certain I won't find a better price before school starts next fall. (I'm a loyal "Well-Planned Day" user. Click on the link below for more info or to purchase.)

Every day savings can add up to a week of vacation with some careful planning!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment