Friday, January 11, 2013

Say Good-bye to Non-Expiring WDW Tickets

Say it isn't so, Disney! I read a tweet about it, so I went to the WDW website to confirm...and I'm sad to report that it appears to be true. When you click on the link to purchase tickets, you are no longer offered the option for Non-Expiring tickets. What!?! I think Disney was trying to sneak this in under the radar...but how long did they think it would go unnoticed?

This makes me very sad, as one of the chief ways I encourage families to save money on a Disney vacation is by purchasing a multi-day, non-expiring ticket if they plan to return to WDW in coming years. Ticket prices go up every year, and even with the hefty add-0n price of this feature, it's still cheaper to buy a 10-day non-expiring ticket than, say, two five-day tickets for two separate trips. Additionally, you get added value if you purchase a ticket for a child under the age of 10 who returns to use the remainder of the ticket as an "adult" by Disney standards--since Disney has automatically upgraded those non-expiring tickets to adult tickets in the past.

You didn't hear it from me (wink, wink), but I'm aware of at least one official Disney ticket vendor who still shows availability of non-expiring tickets--Undercover Tourist. (There may be others, but this is the vendor I trust and recommend.) If you are in need of tickets, you might want to log on soon before they're all gone. I can only assume that Disney will continue to honor those non-expiring tickets, just as they have the old-school Park Hopper tickets from year's past that didn't expire.

No comments:

Post a Comment