Friday, January 25, 2013

Disney Amenities at Home

I got a much-overdue haircut yesterday. (Stick with me...there really is a Disney connection.) And each time I go to this lovely salon where I'm offered a beverage (I had Starbucks coffee) and given a complimentary chair massage with your choice of oil (I always go for the blue one), I am somehow transported to the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. It's not the exceptional customer care--although it is exceptional at both locations! It's the fragrance. The aroma. The scent of...well, I don't exactly know. The salon uses Aveda products, but the Grand Floridian stocks spa products from H2O. Still, there's a particular scent that must be in both, and that scent has the power to transport me to paradise.

I had always thought the Disney varieties of these H2O products were exclusive to the Resorts. On our one and only stay at the Grand Floridian, I was careful to tuck these complimentary shampoos, conditioners, etc. away in my suitcase each evening and await fresh, new complimentary bottles each day. I have rationed these tiny bottles, using them mostly when I'm traveling, but occasionally breaking them out when I need a mental or emotional boost. They are THAT powerful...at least for me. But it seems that perhaps I won't need to be so stingy with them...because I do believe they may actually be the same products sold under the regular H2O label and packaging. For the record, the shampoo is the Sea Marine Revitalizing variety. Here's what I found:



I haven't purchased any yet (they are a little pricey for this bargain chick), but if anyone wanted to get me a gift...well, Valentine's Day is coming up! (I put these sort of things in here to see if my husband ever actually reads my posts...turns out he usually doesn't.) Still, when my tiny bottles run dry, at least I know where to find more. I might just pour it into the tiny bottles and pretend I'm still on vacation at the Grand Floridian. It takes a bit of imagination, but it almost works.

No comments:

Post a Comment