Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Disney Launches 2013 Marketing Campaign

At least, I think that's what it's supposed to be. Does anyone remember the good old days of "Year of a Million Dreams" or "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day"? It seems the last few yearly campaigns by Disney have been, well, somewhat underwhelming. 2013 is no exception with "Limited Time Magic." Here's the gist: There will be, throughout the year, multiple "limited time engagements" of any variety of incarnations. These may take the form "Long Lost Friends Week" where we'll see those not-so-common walk-around characters in the Parks. Or "Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands" (I think that is pretty self-explanatory). Or even the return of the "Golden Horseshoe Review." Now, don't get me wrong--I think these ideas are super fun. But is it enough to draw guests to the Disney Parks? I think not. It's a clever idea, and I'm sure many of the locals/Annual Passholders will make additional visits to the Parks to take in a special week, but I can't see it doing much to boost Disney's bottom line, or to excite guests worldwide.

Still, just for fun, what are some of the "Limited Time Magic" events you'd like to see? I'll start...how about a week where "refurbished" and "reimagined" attractions get their old soundtracks back? I'd really like to hear some of my favorites like, "If you had wings..." and even "Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life..." Anybody with me?

BTW, in case you missed it, Disney put a beautiful ice castle in Times Square to accentuate the "limited time" aspect of their announcement. If you didn't see

No comments:

Post a Comment