Monday, July 30, 2012

Great Low-Commitment Way to Decorate a Room

I don't know about your kids, but my girls seem to have a new favorite character (usually the newest Disney Princess) every month--and they want their rooms to reflect their preferences. While I'm unwilling to redecorate on every whim, I do want my girls' rooms to be their own--to be havens that they will enjoy and appreciate. For my oldest daughter, we started with a basic pink bedspread and filled the room with DP accessories, pictures, and even toys. Since we used a general DP theme, each "new" princess fits in rather well. (For my youngest daughter, we actually "helped" her make the choice of Ariel, and we've decorated accordingly. Hey, we had a lot of Ariel stuff, and this frugal mom didn't want it to go to waste!) Now that my firstborn is getting older, she is planning to switch to a more grown-up "Paris" theme for her bedroom, and little sister will inherit her DP shelves, lamp, and toy bin. (I'm hoping this happens AFTER we move--if our house ever sells!)

All this to say, I've been scouring the Internet for inexpensive and easy ways to liven up the girls' rooms--and I stumbled across one of the easiest ways to make a big impact on a room with very little commitment: stickers! These aren't your garden variety stickers on a page; they are decals made especially for walls, and they stick on and come off so easily! (They work best on a semi-gloss paint, rather than flat.) They range in price from under $10 to around $50 (some very large stickers cost more), and they are very low maintenance. Here are a few of my favorite Disney-themed versions:

















These are so inexpensive that I've even purchased them to decorate for birthday parties (see below)--then they come down immediately after. And, if you're very careful, you can actually re-use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment