Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Disney Premier Visa by Chase

I have long sung the praises of my Chase Disney Rewards Visa. Sure, there are probably other credit cards out there that offer better benefits--but surely none more fun! I get 1% back on all my purchases, with the occasional bonus of 3% back in specific categories. Now, Chase has just announced a new Disney Premier Visa that I'm very excited about, because it offers 2% back in rewards on the categories I use most often--gas, groceries, restaurants, and Disney locations!

Now, there is a catch. In contrast to its predecessor, the Disney Premier Visa has a $49 annual fee. But if you apply through this link, you will get a $100 statement credit after your first purchase. That basically gives you two free years to see if you like the card. (I personally use my card for nearly all purchases--being careful to pay the balance each month to avoid any fees or interest. With this in mind, I'm fairly certain that with the additional 1% in rewards the card will pay for itself, unless my spending habits change drastically.)

Those who have the current Disney Rewards Visa can transfer/upgrade to the new Premier card, but you would NOT qualify for the $100 credit. A better option is to apply for the new card separately and then cancel your original card. (I'm going to hold onto mine for a while, just to be sure the new card works out for me.)

The new Disney Premier Visa has the same Disney perks as the Disney Rewards Visa:

  • private character meet-n-greet with photo

  • 10% off qualifying purchases of $50 or more at the Disney Store

  • 20% off select guided Park tours

  • 0% financing for 6 months on Disney vacation packages


BTW, I chose the Cinderella Castle design, because it reminded me of the "Key to the World" that all guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort receive. Now I can feel like I'm on vacation every time I pull out my Visa...well, sort of. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment