Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Give Kids the World



If you aren't familiar with Give Kids the World, then let me introduce you to this amazing organization that brings joy to children facing life-changing illness. Give Kids the World has hosted close to 100,000 families  at its 70-acre village in Central Florida since its opening in 1989, providing them with much-needed respite and theme park bliss! The villas are whimsical and cater to the special needs of its young visitors. The atmosphere is anything but gloomy!

I ran across this article, which inspired this post. I am most intrigued by the founder, Henri Landwirth, and his story. You can read more about him here.

If you'd like to  explore volunteer opportunities, you can read more here. To donate online, click here.

1 comment:

  1. My family visited GKTW in June 2008. My daughter who was 5 at the time, was grated a "wish" from the Make-A-Wish Foundation. She was born with cancer and has been in remission for quite some time now. I have to say, GKTW was terrific! There is so much to see and do there, that it could be a vacation on it's own. They supplied us with tickets to Disney, Universal and Sea World. Everyday when we got back to our villa, there were gifts waiting for my daughter and son. My daughter got to put her name on a star that will always hang in their "castle". They made our trip extra special and really made an impression on her. She can't wait till the day she's old enough to go back and give back by volunteering her time.

    ReplyDelete