Sunday, August 23, 2009

Costume Preview SWAG


Yesterday my two daughters and I were able to attend a costume preview event for Disney Rewards Visa cardmembers at our local Disney Store. First, let me say that this was a very exclusive event--there were only three women and their chidren in attendance! The store was probably disapponted in this turnout, but it made for a wonderful shopping experience for those of us who were there! We were treated to refreshments (juice, fruit, doughnuts) and as the adults shopped they had Disney coloring pages and Disney movies playing for the kids.

Can I just say that the new costumes are quite lovely! I'm especially enamored with the Snow White costume. This year's theme seems to be more sparkle, as most of the costumes are accented with metalic gold and/or glitter. And now that the Disney Store is no longer owned by the Children's Place but has returned to Disney, I think you can see a difference in the quality of the costumes. (To be honest, some of the last few seasons of Disney costumes have been a little disappointing to me.)

In addition to private shopping time, we were offered 10% off of all our purchases, as well as an additional $10 off any costume. (There were a few marked down to $34.99, which made them around $22.50 after discounts!) We also played a game of "hot potato" with a stuffed Minnie Mouse toy, and the winner (OK, it was ME!!!) received a $5 gift card. (Already spent it, obviously.) Above, you can see the free SWAG each guest received--our choice of a reusable Disney character shopping bag (choices included Tink, Pooh, Minnie, Mickey, and a special Halloween design) as well as a large classic Mickey shopping bag. I was psyched, since I always take my own bags on all my grocery shopping expeditions.

All in all, it was a great fun, FREE event! I can't say enough about my Disney Rewards Visa. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment