Friday, April 17, 2009

Official Debut of Affording the Mouse


Welcome to the innaugural post of Affording the Mouse! My goal is to help families realize that they really can afford their dream vacations to Walt Disney World. In these posts, I hope to share practical information that can help you, the consumer, stretch your travel dollar and make the best decisions for your family about when to go, how to get there, where to stay, etc.

What qualifies me to do this? For starters, I love Disney! While that may not seem like a significant qualification, it's my love for all things Disney that propels me to research. And, boy, do I research! On a typical day, I read about a dozen blogs or websites devoted to Disney. Some are travel sites. Some concentrate on business and operations. Others are simply for fun! I read--no, devour--them so that you don't have to!

Did you know that one of the most popular guide books, The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, has 846 pages? Who has time to read it--much less absorb it? (OK, so I read it. Again...so you don't have to.)

My point is, not everyone has the time or even the desire to do the intense research it takes to find the best deals. That's why I started Affording the Mouse--so that I could share the best tips, and the best deals, with my clients.

In addition to being a self-proclaimed Disney enthusiast and expert, I have about a dozen trips to the World under my belt. I have attended as a child, a teen, a single adult, a married but childless adult, and an adult with small children. (That last one, by the way, is my specialty.) I know what WDW has to offer for every age group and interest. I have traveled via plane and via car. I have gone at different times throughout the year--in nearly every crowd level. I have stayed off-site and at the on-site resorts.

I think every kid (and adult!) should get to take that most magical of vacations to Walt Disney World. If you think you can't afford it, I would love to prove you wrong. Where there's a will, there's a way for almost any income level. But it does take careful planning.

And if money isn't so much the issue, but time is, I can offer full-service vacation planning--everything from detailed itineraries to making resort and dining reservations.

Finally, for those of you who live in the Nashville, TN area, I will be offering a Disney 101 Boot Camp (date and location TBD). This three-hour session, which includes an additional 30-minute private consultation, will give you all the tools you need to plan a successful Disney vacation that won't break the bank. In fact, I'm so confident that you'll save money with my tips that I'm offering a money-back guarantee. If, by following my recommendations, you don't save at least the cost of the Boot Camp on your vacation, compared with Disney's regular seasonal rates for tickets and a resort stay, I'll refund your fee! (Details and clarifications on this promotion will be given at registration.)

There has never been a better time to take that Disney dream vacation. Sure, the economy is bad--that's why Disney is offering deals like never before! This could be the year you finally take the trip of a lifetime...without spending your life savings!

If I can help, drop me an email: affordingthemouse@att.net

1 comment:

  1. Our little PK is only now getting old enough to enjoy Disney World... I can't wait to make our first trip! I'll definately come to you for help in planning!

    ReplyDelete